Saturday, May 7, 2011

Garden of the Gods

Garden of the Gods Park
I recently visited Garden of the Gods park in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  The park has some wonderful photographic opportunities.   I hope you enjoy a selection of the photos I captured.
Siamese Twins Rock Formation

Balanced Rock

A hard existence for this tree

Garden of the Gods Park

Garden of the Gods Park
I saw this view of Pike's Peak on my 1st day at the park while exploring the Siamese Twins Formation.  I visualized a shot with the morning's red sun lighting up Pike's Peak in the background as well as the rock's face in the foreground.  As it turns out, the sun wasn't quite as red on Pike's Peak as I hoped, but it still made a neat shot.  You can see the shadow on the lower part of the rock face that indicates how far the sun had risen.  This is a composite (focus stack) of two images, one focused on the rock face and the other on Pike's Peak.
Siamese Twin Rock window view towards Pike's Peak

1 comment: