Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What's for dinner

Here's an image I created over the weekend.  The Mindful Eye, a photography Forum I read nearly everyday, has an ongoing member challenge of "Food and/or Drink" and a Community Assignment of "RGB Color."  My family and I came up with the idea of the picture below that I could use for both assignments.   What could be a more balanced meal than chocolate mm's from all the major food groups (or at least colors).

What's for dinner

To create this image, I obviously started with a bag of mm's -- actually two bags, that we separated into colors.  The table setting is on a piece of black fleece fabric and I capture the image with regular room lights.  To help remove some of the glare from the glass, I used a trick I learned in the book by Fil Hunter called Light, Science and Magic.  I placed a polarizer filter on my lens and captured two images, rotating the polarizer 90 degrees between captures.  I then combined the two images in Photoshop.

What do you think?  I look forward to your comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment